Guitar Making Workshops
Loucin Guitar Co. offers an intensive course of instruction in acoustic guitar building. Students will learn every aspect of the process from start to finish and will build their very own guitar during the course. We provide a fully equipped workshop full of tools, forms, moulds and jigs.
Courses run all year long (except July & August), but there is limited space, so make sure to book now. You will work along side Garren who will teach you the principles of guitar making. You will follow the Loucin guitar building process step-by-step. After successful completion of the course, you will have a guitar made for you, by you – how cool is that? ”The Ultimate Souvenir”.
- Guitar design and bracing patterns based on playing preferences & acoustic principles
- Use of all power and hand tools; how to maintain them and work with them safely
- Making all internal and external parts from rough stock by hand
- Joining, planing and bracing a sound board and back (all solid woods)
- Bending the back and sides (solid Indian Rosewood)
- Inserting or inlaying purfling and sound hole rosettes
- Cutting and fitting the neck-to-body joint
- Building, shaping and carving your neck & volute
- Making and slotting the fingerboard (Ebony)
- Installing and dressing frets
- Finishing materials and techniques; wet-sanding, buffing and polishing
- Final assembly and set-up to critical specifications for superior playability
The course cost of $3,949.00 includes all materials needed to create a LD, ZD, or an AD-100 acoustic guitar. These are all full bodied guitars without a cut-away. At the end of the course, you take your guitar home in a hard shell black guitar case.
A 30% deposit is required to reserve your space. Give us a call or email us at 905 330 8774 Balance of the payment will be due on the first day of the course.
Now Available, custom payment plans (upon request). Deposit is non-refundable. Course cost does not include any applicable taxes.
Students must be 18 years of age or older & have a basic woodworking skills.
Guitar Building Courses can be designed around your schedule. We recommend 2 days/nights a week, plus every other Saturday. Average students requires 4-6 months to complete his/her guitar.
Courses run all year excluding July & August.